We are conducting a study examining the relationship between language and number skills in children!
Want to see if your child qualifies? Fill out this survey!
In this study, we are examining the relationship between language and number skills in 3- and 4-year-old children.
- Taking part in this study may help scientists better understand how children use language to help them learn math.
- You will receive a copy of your child’s standardized testing results
Who is invited:
Typically developing, English speaking 3- and 4-year-old children.
Individuals CANNOT participate if they:
- Speak, or are learning to speak, a second language
- Have a history of premature birth, uncorrected visual impairment, psychiatric disorders, or neurological disease
What to expect:
Participants will be asked to participate in one session that will last between 1-1.5 hours. In this session participants will complete:
- Two standardized measures
- One measuring your child’s ability to identify words
- One measuring your child’s vocabulary
- Play language and math computer games
Prior to this however, we ask that you please fill out this screening survey to assess eligibility. This survey will ask about your family background, as well as your child’s medical history, and language and number skills. You will be asked to provide electronic consent before accessing the survey as the survey asks for identifiable information.
- Individuals determined to be eligible based on the initial eligibility screening survey will receive monetary compensation in the form of $10 per 30 minutes of participation.
- In addition, your child will be able to select a toy as an added thank you!
Please note that participation is voluntary.
All visits can be scheduled during the day, after work/classes, or on weekends. All data collected will remain confidential. No individual will be identified by name in any reports of this study.
If you are interested in enrolling or would like more information, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 615-875-1667!